M-STEP Test Preparation Tips
- Make sure to pay attention in class and take good notes.
- Have friends over and study together!
- Complete home work assignments. These assignments are a great way to test your knowledge.
- Ask questions in class if you don’t understand something.
- Make sure to get plenty of sleep the night before the exam.
- Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the exam.
- Review the Parent guide available on the Michigan Department of Education website by following this link.
- Communicate with your child’s educator to learn more about their strengths and struggles. Ask for ideas about activities you can do at home to help your child.
- Have your child share things they learned at school.
- Make homework time an opportunity to work with your child and to learn from each other.
- Have your child take a sample test online, available by clicking this link to the Michigan Department of Education website.
- Do one of these exciting science experiments with your child.