Our Traveling Science and Distance Learning educators bring engaging science workshops, group presentations and interactive experiences to your school or event that will inspire learners to explore and appreciate science. Since opening in 2012, we have served over 500,000 people throughout Michigan – See where we’ve been!
Aramco Traveling Science
Our Aramco Traveling Science Program will put you at the center of science through engaging science workshops, group presentations and interactive experiences that will inspire learners of all ages. Since opening in 2012, we have served more than 500,000 people in 57 counties throughout Michigan.
The Aramco Traveling Science Program serves schools, libraries, summer child care groups, after-school programs, and other community groups and events. We offer a variety of experiences that can be tailored to different age groups and themes. Group presentations (assemblies), interactive classroom workshops, science festivals and family science nights are just a few ways our team can bring the wonder of MiSci to you!
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure maximum participant safety at off-site events, we have made the following changes to the Aramco Traveling Science programs:
- All Traveling Science educators will have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within two weeks of their start date and will undergo a daily health screening in accordance with the State of Michigan MiSymtomApp.
- We will travel with portable hand sanitizer dispensers for staff and participant use, cleaning supplies, and all appropriate PPE – including masks, face shields, and gloves.
- Classroom Workshops will not require the use of shared supplies. All participants will be provided with supplies to use during their workshop and all materials will be sanitized after use.
- We will not require the use of volunteers during group presentations (assembly-style programs). These programs will still be highly interactive and allow for audience participation safely from their seats, within their family groups.
- We are not currently accepting reservations for our portable STARLAB planetarium due to social distancing concerns – we hope to resume booking these programs in the fall!
- We now offer a wider variety of programs which are able to take place outdoors – see our catalogue to learn more.
Looking for a virtual program?
Visit our ECHO Distance Learning page to learn more!